Holy crap! It's time for Memories of the Futurecast.
Memories of the Future, Volume One, covers the first 13 episodes of TNG, so, starting at the beginning and working my way through the book, I picked one chapter a week and performed an excerpt for you. It was mostly from the synopses, which is where I think the real humor of the book lives, but from time to time, I worked in some things from the other parts. Last week's episode (episode 13) was sort of a bonus "clip show" that contained little bits from every chapter in the book.
Three important things:
- Memories of the Future, Volume One is available right now! Woo!
- These podcasts were not excerpted from an audiobook. They were recorded specifically for the Memories of the Futurecast, and differ significantly from the printed book (thanks to the powers of improv). I'm not sure if I'll do a full-length audiobook, yet, but I'm open to the idea.
- Did I mention that you can get your very own copy of Memories of the Future, Volume One, right now, for $19.87, or as a $10 DRM-free PDF? Okay, just checking.
- The Memories of the Futurecast works hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag. You have been warned.
- This week, it's the story of Data's long-lost evil twin! Find out what he has up his spandex sleeves with DATALORE!
- This week's theme music is Mercurial Girl by Five Star Fall, off their album Automatic Ordinary. Released by Magnatune.com.
- BEHOLD the Memories of the Futuremug!
- Memories of the Futurecast sells power converters to kids at Toshi Station.
- Memories of the Futurecast is 27.1MB this week.
- Memories of the Futurecast is in m4a format this week, because I'm not working on my regular machine, and this one really doesn't want to play nice. It was quite an ordeal just to get the damn thing out of Garageband.
- Memories of the Futurecast is 33 minutes long this week.
- Memories of the Futurecast controls the sky man! It controls the sky!
- Memories of the Futurecast is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share-Alike license.
Got all that? Then grab a mug of Tea, Earl Grey, Hot and