Holy crap! It's time for Memories of the Futurecast.
Memories of the Future, Volume One, covers the first 13 episodes of TNG, so each week, I'm choosing something from one episode, and performing an excerpt for you. It will mostly be from the synopses, which is where I think the real humor of the book lives, but from time to time, I may work in some things from the other parts.
Three important things:
- This does not mean the book comes out in 13 weeks. It comes out much sooner than that. In fact, it is available right now! Woo!
- These are not excerpted from an audiobook. These are recorded specifically for this podcast. I'm not sure if I'll do a full-length audiobook, yet, but I'm open to the idea.
- Did I mention that you can get your very own copy of Memories of the Future, Volume One, right now, for $19.87, or as a $10 DRM-free PDF? Okay, just checking.
- The Memories of the Futurecast works hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag. You have been warned.
- This week's theme music comes from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog! I encourage you to buy the DVD and the soundtrack, but in the Venn diagram of life, I imagine that there aren't a whole lot of people who are in the Futurecast zone, but not the Dr. Horrible zone. If, for some strange reason you are one of those people, I am happy to introduce you to the magic of Dr. Horrible, but sad that you don't haven't witnessed the magic firsthand before now.
- This week, set your phasers for love, because we're going to HAVEN! There will be laughter, there will be tears, there will be emo Riker, but most importantly, there will be Majel.
- If you wanted your own copy of Apollo 18, you can buy it right here.
- They Might Be Giants are touring Flood right now. Don't be a Mister Bungle like me and miss them when they come to your town!
- This is a note to myself: write the story about Flood for WWdN:iX.
- I'm not going to lie to you, Marge: of all the Futurecasts I've done, this one is my favorite.
- Memories of the Futurecast would go out tonight, but it hasn't got a stitch to wear.
- Memories of the Futurecast is 30 minutes long this week.
- Memories of the Futurecast is sets the fires while the city sleeps.
- Memories of the Futurecast shit a piece of pie.
- Memories of the Futurecast weighs in at 29.2MB this week.
- Memories of the Futurecast is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share-Alike license.
Got all that? Well enough of my blather! Go ahead and...