Holy crap! It's time for Memories of the Futurecast.
Memories of the Future, Volume One, covers the first 13 episodes of TNG, so each week, I'm choosing something from one episode, and performing an excerpt for you. It will mostly be from the synopses, which is where I think the real humor of the book lives, but from time to time, I may work in some things from the other parts.
Three important things:
- This does not mean the book comes out in 13 weeks. It comes out much sooner than that. In fact, it is available right now! Woo!
- These are not excerpted from an audiobook. These are recorded specifically for this podcast. I'm not sure if I'll do a full-length audiobook, yet, but I'm open to the idea.
- Did I mention that you can get your very own copy of Memories of the Future, Volume One, right now, for $19.87, or as a $10 DRM-free PDF? Okay, just checking.
- The Memories of the Futurecast works hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag. You have been warned.
- This episode's theme music is about 25 seconds of Dancing The Night Away by The Motors. I'm pretty sure it's okay to use it the way I did, but if it's not, I'll be happy to remove it and replace it with 25 seconds of me making fart noises.
- This week, it's time to play HIDE AND Q! The elm tree on the parkway is safe, and you can't go into backyards across the street.
- That story about the LHC I mentioned is in the New York Times. (Stupid registration may be required.)
- I think the artwork is finally embedded in the podcast. It requires one additional step, but I'm happy to do it because you're worth it.
- Memories of the Futurecast doesn't have artwork embedded in the post any more, because it has its own blogitty-blog-o-bloggy-blog-blog.
- Memories of the Futurecast is just under 17 minutes this week.
- Memories of the Futurecast is 14.2 MB this week.
- Memories of the Futurecast has way too much fun ringing the bell.
- Memories of the Futurecast is delighted to have 955 subscribers (according to Feedburner.)
- Memories of the Futurecast wears rainbow suspenders to the deli on Friday mornings.
- Memories of the Futurecast does not have the K'lap. (Ding!)
Got all that? Okay, now you can go ahead and ...